- 05 April 2017 Chairperson welcomes new appointments to Commission Board
- 31 March 2017 Some school uniform policies may not have the balance right
- 31 March 2017 The Commission celebrates Transgender Day of Visibility
Projects & Reviews
Contact us if you have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, victimised or vilified. We will help resolve your complaint through our free, fair and timely dispute resolution service.
We are an independent agency with responsibilities under three laws to protect all Victorians from discrimination and human rights breaches:
- The Equal Opportunity Act 2010
- The Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001
- The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
We conciliate complaints of alleged discrimination lodged under the Equal Opportunity Act and the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.
The Charter requires all public authorities to consider human rights when making decisions, developing policies and providing services.
We work to create a community where every person values, understands and respects human rights and equal opportunity.
- a free telephone Enquiry Line
- a free, fair and timely dispute resolution service
- information and education about equal opportunity, racial and religious vilification and the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities
- education, training and consultancy services.