The recommendations in our submission focus on:
- the scope of rights that should be included in a national Human Rights Act
- how decision-makers can balance competing interests when rights come into conflict
- what kind of pathways would provide remedies for individuals if their human rights are breached
- the need for ongoing training to help public authorities fulfil their obligations and members of the public know what protections they are entitled to
- the important role the Australian Human Rights Commission could play as a national regulator for human rights.