Reducing Racism is a new project to make it easier for vulnerable communities to report racism and exercise their rights.
Our consultations with African and Muslim communities have shown several recurring themes:
- Racism is a significant issue.
- There are barriers preventing people from connecting with us.
- People don’t know enough about their rights and how to find help.
The Reducing Racism project will help us meet the needs of vulnerable communities and make it easier for them to engage with the Commission about racist experiences. Project elements will include:
- co-designed education programs and new resources
- community partnerships
- piloting a new digital reporting tool
- an information campaign based on storytelling.
We will use data from this project to help us plan ongoing work under our Multicultural and Multifaith Engagement Action Plan.
For more information about the Reducing Racism project contact Rana Ebrahimi, Senior Project Adviser, Ph: (03) 9032 3458.