The guide presents information about intersex for employers, including:
- an introduction to intersex
- intersex bodies, identities, and inclusive language
- disclosure, medical issues in the workplace, and travel
- protections related to “intersex status” in Commonwealth law
- information for diversity and inclusion professionals
- top 10 ways to be an intersex ally
- information for parents of intersex children
- additional information and a glossary of terms.
The guide is specifically written for those working in human resources, diversity and network leadership roles but has a broader reach in educating people on some of the shared and unique workplace experiences of intersex employees.
Pride in Diversity is Australia’s first and only not-for-profit workplace program designed specifically to assist Australian employers with the inclusion of LGBTI employees.
OII Australia is a national Public Benevolent Institution by and for intersex people.
For more information and to download the guide visit OII Australia.