2014/15 Commission review of intervention functions under the Charter and Equal Opportunity Act
In 2014/15, the Commission conducted an internal review of the intervention and amicus curiae functions under the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 ('Charter') and the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 ('EOA').
The review is part of the Commission's regular reflection on the impact of its work.
As a result of this review, the Commission has made 20 recommendations to improve its practice and provide greater clarity about the operation of the Commission’s intervention functions.
The Report to Stakeholders sets out the Commission's findings and recommendations arising from the review.
- Report to Stakeholders – review of intervention functions (May 2015)
- Report Annexure A: Charter intervention guidelines
- Report Annexure B: Equal Opportunity Act intervention and amicus curaie guidelines
- Report Annexure C: List of Commission’s interventions under the Charter
- Report Annexure D: List of Commission’s interventions under the Equal Opportunity Act
Previous Commission review of intervention function under the Charter
In 2010 the Commission undertook a review of the intervention function, which resulted in various changes to the exercise of the function and the framework within which it was exercised. Download the stakeholder briefing paper below.